SPOTLIGHT: 7 questions for our composer
Motion pictures are heavy on the visuals, sure – but you can’t forget the music! This time in our SPOTLIGHT series: Hartwig Ross, our composer.
He also has a website with many wonderful samples of his work.
Role on the team: Score / Composer
1. How do you introduce yourself to someone who doesn’t know you yet?
Lover of “good” music of all tastes, open to all genres and mostly in good spirits…
2. A classic: a lonely island, you, and three items. What do you take with you?
Music paper, pen and acoustic bass.
3. You are kidnapped and the characters of the last tv show or movie you watched are tasked with your retrieval. Who do you have to rely on for your rescue?
4. If money were no issue for you anymore, what would be the first thing you’d do?
A completely new recording studio.
5. What is the last thing you do before going to bed each night?
Think about the past day: what could I have done better?
6. Which character trait would you wish every human being to have?
Empathy for others
7. Imagine, all mobile phones, computers and all such communication devices stop working. What would be your first reaction?
Write music in peace.