SPOTLIGHT: 7 questions for our director
This is it – the final installment of our Spotlight series, which introduced you to cast and crew members “The Hacker”. A ‘tail light’, so to speak ;)
Let’s see what Jay, writer/director and producer has to say in response to our weird questions!
Role on the team: writer, director, producer
1. How do you introduce yourself to someone who doesn’t know you yet?
Hi, I’m Jay/Julia! I’m a writer and director and I spend a lot of time obsessing over fictional characters.
2. A classic: a lonely island, you, and three items. What do you take with you?
My laptop, phone and iPad count as one, right? Also, I’ll take my cats and a stack of notebooks and pens and start writing on the way to the island =)
3. You are kidnapped and the characters of the last tv show or movie you watched are tasked with your retrieval. Who do you have to rely on for your rescue?
I just rewatched Star Trek, the alternate original series, and even in case Spock thinks saving me would be illogical for some reason, I believe Kirk would like me enough to push through and initiate a rescue despite that ;)
4. If money were no issue for you anymore, what would be the first thing you’d do?
All right, I have a list! You ready?
First I’d win a bet with my mum (whoever has the means first will renovate my parents’ 30+-year-old bathrooms), then I’d pay my sister to write her books, build a library for my other sister (or, well, paying an architect might be more efficient), fund Meli’s holiday plans (and join her, if she lets me), fund a friend’s ethnographic research, aaaand produce all gazillion movie and tv show ideas currently in my draft folder plus co-produce some other projects :D
5. What is the last thing you do before going to bed each night?
Check my phone, reply to any messages I missed if I’m not too tired, then think about my current project until sleep takes me away.
6. Which character trait would you wish every human being to have?
Tolerance, respect, and solidarity.
7. Imagine, all mobile phones, computers and all such communication devices stop working. What would be your first reaction?
BLIND PANIC. I AM NOT KIDDING. I’m the kind of person who yelps when mobile phones are destroyed on stage or in films… *shudders*